Tuesday, January 23, 2018

1/23–24 Chiang Mai

Tuesday 1/23 - Another do nothing sort of day. We sat by the pool and read for a bit, then I went and had a massage at the place down the street.  Phew.  That was an experience.  I love Thai massages, but this one.  Well, you know the first rule of the Fight Club?  Never talk about the Fight Club.  The first rule of Thai Massage?  Never talk about anything that is wrong with your body to a Thai Masseuse!  They asked if anything was bothering me, so I innocently said my neck and shoulders, which are always tight.  Normally not a problem, but oh geez, I had to tell him to stop about 4 times!  They even did an oil massage for a while and didn’t charge me extra!  It really was great overall –except for the shoulder part.  But even though sore, I do feel a whole lot better!  Enough that I’ll go back there for a foot massage later.

We are cooking in tonight, but decide to go out and get pre-dinner drinks at Outlaws, the bar/restaurant next door to the Wine and Beer place. They’ve got a basic Western menu, so we decide to try some wings with our drinks, and they are very good. Plus the wine is box wine, so I’m happy – and they have 1/2 litres – good to know for other nights.

It’s fun sitting here this early, watching the Street Food Market take shape. The booths being set up and food put out and cooked.  I could sit here all night people watching.  We ask the waitress, who  is adorable, if we can come and have drinks and eat from the Street  Market, and she says yes, so you know what we’ll be doing tomorrow night!

Back at the condo, we eat our stir fry pork and read the night away.

Wednesday 1/24 – Not quite sure what we did during the day, but dinner tonight is…yes, you guessed it!  The Street Food Market.  Awesome.  We did go back to Outlaws for drinks and a table, then hit the market.  I had Papaya salad, which was awesome and spicy and just so good.  Ed started with his squid which was delicious, then had a second course of grilled sausage and street corn – which was roasted with coconut oil and salt – Definitely a keeper when we get home!

20180124_19291320180124_19290920180124_19442320180124_194428

To splurge, we stop on our way back to the condo at one of the last stands in the market for banana roti.  I adore that stuff!  So good, but so bad.  And we don’t have so far to go back to the condo to even walk it off.  Oh well, maybe a little extra weights at the gym in the morning will help!

20180124_204255

No comments: