Sunday, February 4, 2018

2/4–Chiang Mai evening

Tonight we decide to try JP’s, which we have passed by numerous times on our way to the night market or Rimping or River market.  We stopped there for wine and beer after our food shopping trip and the staff is quite sweet, the menu pretty extensive, but the wine is quite pricey. We figure, what the heck, though.  Might as well try something new.

There are only 2 other couples in the whole place, and we choose a table at the end of the seating area in hopes of catching a breeze.  They have music every night except tonight, but we figure we’ll go to Bamboo after this for our music fix.  I really can’t decide what I want, and honestly? I’m being a little cheap, because these prices are really quite high.  175 baht for Pad Thai just doesn’t seem right, especially when I know I can go across the street to Road Side (less than 30 meters away) and get it for 70 baht. Since they have such an extensive European menu too, I decide to try the Babaganoush (basically because I’ve been whining about the fact that Sababa doesn’t have it anymore)  and Ed goes for the Fish & Chips.  First, though, we are served this great little bruschetta that have the best tomato “relish” on the top.  Excellently prepared as are our meals when they arrive.

20180204_19532520180204_19111320180204_19303520180204_193139 

As we are finishing up and enjoying our drinks, we get a surprise dance exhibition by one of the girls who was working the front door.  She comes out and does a couple of fabulous traditional Thai dances, complete with those awesome long fingernails (which I have decided I want now – LOL).

20180204_20062820180204_20065220180204_20065520180204_200717_002

She danced for at least 20 minutes. Lovely unexpected entertainment.

We did wander over to Bamboo later, listening to the new Patrick (the guy with the long hair who has a great voice) and taking pictures of Sunny taking flight (I’ve been waiting to do this for 2 weeks now).

20180204_20252020180204_202529

Jes Ca is all bundled up and sitting alone at the front bar area. Turns out she is sick, and that’s why she’s not talking too much. Although she’s already hugged me and has come by enough that now I’m worried.  Sigh…I’m upping the Vitamin C as soon as we get home.

Leaving the Bamboo, we take the back way home – walking to the side parking lot, around the CH Hotel and down the “scary” alley to Sridonchai Road.  I can not believe it.  It took us 8 freaking years to figure out we can walk down the silent, empty back lanes of this place and avoid all the night market and lookie lou congestion on the main street.  Sigh  Sometimes it’s the obvious that evades me. 

We don’t stay up too long when we get home as we have the alarm set for Superbowl Monday. Here’s hoping it is worth getting up early.

No comments: