Wednesday, November 26, 2014

11/13-17–Five days at sea

A very surprising crossing.  We went south to avoid a huge storm, but we never expected to be so far south that we’d have nice weather!  Especially with the cold weather pushing its way across the States. We thought for sure it would be a chilly, rocky crossing. But not to be.  We are able to sit on the balcony in the sun virtually every day and the temperatures are in the 70’s most day.  The seas are a bit churned up, but nothing really rough until the day and night before NYC.

We spend our time alternating between the Cappuccino bar, the travel lectures (first one on North Korea, then most on Africa – no where we’ll go, but at least the speaker is entertaining), the balcony and the gym.  Night times we spend in the Sky lounge with our bartender trio of Mircea, Alex and Aleksandra(yes, Alex and Alex).  They are a blast – by far the best team we’ve ever had up there – Mircea and Alex are at the end of their contracts, and both are still so cheerful and happy and funny and sweet.

One night, for some reason, who knows – its me remember - I was obsessing over chocolate – and I thought a pink box of Evian water looked like it should have chocolate in it.  Just me being goofy – Ed’s laughing at me, Mircea just looks at me like I’m a nut – ok – I am.  So – about 1/2 an hour later, Mircea comes out of the back and hands me a Twix bar for my chocolate fix.I almost cried.  How sweet was that!!!!  

Then there were the magic tricks with Alex – the rope trick and the disappearing lime under the drink shakers.  And the paper napkin flower and cigarette wrapper flower from Mircea.  I think we’ve adopted the boys – or at least become – as they put one night – their psychologists!

So…that’s how our week at sea went – quite pleasant!

IMG_3646rIMG_3647rIMG_3650r

No comments: