Saturday, October 11, 2008

10/10 – sea day with birds and bees…oh I mean flies….

So….Ed’s up early, sitting out on the balcony drinking his coffee. I’m sleeping in (well, as much as I sleep in, like till 7). He leaves to go check out the internet and then visit our friends at the reception desk. I’m laying in bed half asleep when I think I see something out of the corner of my eye. I look up and there in the middle of the floor is a little teeny weeny birdie. Hello. Good morning!

Ok – so – what the hell do I do know? Well, the next 20 minutes were probably the most hysterical thing anyone would ever see if there was a hidden camera in the room. First off, I have to get up and put my robe on, then ensued a chase around the cabin to get the bird out – who had decided it wanted to be in the bathroom – for what reason I’ll never know. I’m chasing the thing under the couch, under the desk, under the bed, then I think I’ve hurt it when I threw the bed spread on the bed and it squawked. I’ve got some paper in my hand, and I’m trying to shoo it out the door, but it doesn’t want to go. I’m laughing so hard, it’s really hard to even focus. Finally I decide I have to capture it – so I get one of my huge water glasses I’ve scammed from the pool bar and finally capture the thing in the glass.

Well, it goes ballistic. (As you would expect.) I’m trying to get it out to the balcony as quick as I can while it’s flailing away inside this cup. Oh my god – please tell me I’m not hurting the thing! Finally I get it out and slam the balcony door. Yeah, were not keeping that door open anymore! Good Morning Diamond Princess! I’m awake now – no need for exercise!

So – typical day – although we did win Trivia – even though we thought we had to do a tie breaker and ended up breaking the tie with ourselves! We were the only team who won – but we didn’t figure it out until after the tie breaker! So – another set of luggage tags! Wow – we still need those darn passport holders!

Later – we’re back in the cabin – on the balcony – and the flies are annoying the heck out of us. So Ed decides to go after them with the Downy Wrinkle release. I am on the floor crying I’m laughing so hard – the wrinkle release isn’t doing anything so he resorts to the Repel – and stuns them – but then when they go in the toilet – they just swim around. Not a good insect/animal day!

The rest of the day was not nearly as exciting…..just the norm….exercise, then dinner. Although, tonight we did try to go out and have some fun. The entertainment on this ship leaves much to be desired. Well, really, it’s our fault – we’re just too damn YOUNG! We don’t want to listen to big band or easy listening where the bands slaughter the songs. Even the “younger” band is bad. Sigh. So tonight is DJ Richard with all request. It’s actually kind of fun – and we’re dancing and having a good time until these 2 couples come in and tell him to turn down the music. So, being the good entertainment staffer, he does. Well, the ambience went right down the drain. Suddenly, it’s just not so fun anymore – and certainly not a dancing environment. Talk about rude! We decided to bag it rather than make an issue of it since we have to be up at the crack of dawn for our thermal scanning (more on that later)…but next time….not so nice! Turn it up!

1 comment:

CJ said...

You have given a whole new meaning to explaining "the birds and the bees"!