Sunday, September 14, 2008

2 days and counting

This time on Tuesday, we'll be winging our way towards Anchorage....hopefully! At least we'll be on our way to Phoenix - with a 33 minute connection to the only flight to Anchorage. May the travel Gods smile on us. All packed - managed to fit everything in our suitcases - but what a difference a trip makes! Last trip we barely filled the case - only casual summer clothes. This time - ha! Quite the different story. Even though we have packed really light (I mean, come on, I only have 4 short sleeve tops and 3 tanks for 70 days!), the combination of 30 degree nights in Alaska and the Bering sea and 90 degree days in Thailand make for heavy packing. Add in the formal wear - and yikes! We're at 49.4 pounds! Had to change carry on's to take the larger ones. Oh well - what's a traveler to do? Take only 2 short sleeve tops and 1 tank!

LOL.

More later - from Anchorage - or maybe in between!

2 comments:

Monica Pileggi said...

Hi Cathy and Ed,

Have a GREAT time! I'll keep an eye on your blog page.

Enjoy,

Monica

CJ said...

Cath - Okay now I've created a google account and am typing this again. I wish I had called you to hear your voice again to last me for 2 months! I say ditch those cold-weather clothes when you're done with them - make room for purchases!